Re: [BRHSlist] DEPOT

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] DEPOT
From: The Cameron Family <d.cameron@s...>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2000 08:39:21 -0400
Bill, thanks for the update on the status of the depot. I sure hope
they do manage to preserve it. I'd like it to be there when I finally
arrange a trip to Keokuk to take some pictures. For all of you who've
helped me with my research on Keokuk, I thought I'd let you know that
benchwork is nearing completion (as is the trackplan, with the exception
of the spurs into Keokuk Electrometals and some of the other river front
industries). The layout will represent Keokuk beginning with the
Keokuk-Hamilton bridge over the Mississippi, with the tracks from
Burlington appearing from staging underneath it. The depot and trackage
will take up one wall, the Keokuk yard the next, the southernmost
river-front industries the third, and the staging yard the fourth (with
a selectively compressed spur to Moora climbing around the walls to
above the staging yard from the back of the main yard in town. Thanks
to all those who've helped to get me started. When the first train runs
(probably the morning Zephyr Rocket) I'll let you know.
Duncan