Re: [BRHSlist] R.E.O.

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] R.E.O.
From: barbarland@a...
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 18:58:51 EDT
Here is a lesson I learned about having b/o cars with no air separating.
Another time on the wayfreight we were given the duty of taking a hospital
train for about 80 miles. This is a train with chainers and other smashed up
stuff and of course no air. Well in one big sag it came in two. We had the
way car behind the engine and the brakeman was waving franticly to get going.
I being smart? was trying to not rip the chains. Trouble was the rear half of
the train was coming like gagbusters! When they hit there was instant slack
action which moved the water lines for the engine. after we straightened
everything out I was told about not stopping or slowing down when cars with
no air are running free. You do not want to stop!

Steve Fye