Silver Isle

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Silver Isle
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 09:46:46 EDT
Learned yesterday that former Q sleeper Silver Isle has been saved! It was
donated by Amtrak to the Massachusetts Call Fire Dept for an emergency
response training train. Car will be used as a staff car.
Capt. John O'Neil just happens to be a rail fan and fireman. He has
begged,pleaded,strong armed out of each major tank car company enough cars
over the last 2 years to put together 2 complete trains that are touring the
country training fire depts on how to handle Hazmat incidents involving tank
cars. The first train set out about this time last year and the second that
has now been completed sets off next month.Thats how I became involved as
last year I donated for UTC a 105a500w and this year a 112s340w. Acf,GATX and
GE rail have donated other types so that he has a sample of all major car
types in each train. All cars are freshly painted (some even clear
coated),relettered w/their owners numbers but mcvx mrks.Watch for an
appearance near you and get a shot as you'll never find another set of old
cars in such great operating condition.If you see the UTLX 112s soon don't
worry as it got pressed into service before we could get it repainted.We
promise to do so when car gets some spot time. Leo