RE: [BRHSlist] SD-45 paint question.

To: "'BRHSlist@egroups.com'" <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] SD-45 paint question.
From: Jeff Worones <JWORONES@S...>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 08:13:23 -0700
Hi All;
According to EMD styling & painting print #8421776, all the walkways are
green with the area where the stripe crosses being white, just as Ed
described.

As an added note, the white stripe is 50" tall around the hood. The angle
behind the cab is 60 degrees from horizontal, with a width of 58" where it
meets the frame. Unfortunately, the print doesn't show the radii, that's on
print #842177. The top of the nose is green.

The book Ed referred to is Patrick C. Dorins' 'Everywhere West" book, near
the beginning (I forgot the page number).

Jeff Worones
Las Vegas, NV

From: Ed Pavlovic
Pictures that I've seen show green on the walkways. In fact, where the
white stripe hits the walkways it is carried across the walkways. Only good
overhead shots that I've seen were in a book titled "Classic Locomotive
Series - SD45" or
something to that effect. They were taken out on the EL out east, Maybrook,
New York I think. I know of another book that shows a number of these
engines sitting at EMD's LaGrange plant before delivery, it's a black and
white photo but I
believe that it was taken near roof level.

Hope that this helps,

Ed Pavlovic

John Figie wrote:

> Does anyone know what color the top of the walkways and platforms were on
the SD-45? I have never seen any photos that show this detail. I am
assuming black except for the raised part along the left side which I am
assuming was green.