Aurora Depot

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Aurora Depot
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 22:46:59 EDT
My guess as to the closest thing to an expert on this subject is BRHS member
and professor of acctg Mr Jerry Hamsmith who has given his presentation on
the building of the "flat slab" at numerous functions including the Aurora
annual and spring meet as well as the fall meet in Naperville sponsored by
Sunshine Models. Surely in his many hours of research he has found much info
on the depot built at the same time.
The memories I have of the hours spent in that structure are as clear as what
happened this A.M. I started there at the ripe age of 12 or so helping an
uncle who was demoted to coach cleaner due to a reduction in force(layoffs).
I spent countless hours there as a brakeman,conductor. I do have
somewhere(you know you have too many treasures when you can't remember where
they are)many photos of the boiler/carmans,REA buildings,and
platforms/shelters before they were torn down.
Leo