Re: FW: Wymore Turntable

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: FW: Wymore Turntable
From: "Duane Koss" <dak507@k...>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 15:09:53 -0000
> Subject: Wymore Turntable
>

> Hello
>
> I'm looking for any information that is available regarding the Q
turntable at Wymore Ne. It is currently located at the Stuhr Museum
in Grand Island Ne and we are looking at the possibility of having to
preform some structural repair/replacement on the bridge. Havethe Q
records/files been made available at a museum or historical society?
If you have any information I would appreciate the help.

> Thank You
>
> Paul Dalleska
> Stuhr Museum of the Prairie Pioneer
> pfdx@a...
> 308-385-5316

Paul,
I noticed the above posting you placed in the Egroups site. I am
pleased that this turntable was saved. Was wondering what had
happened to this turntable. Believe I took some slides of it at
Wymore many years ago. What year was it taken to Grand Island?
I have been down in the Southwest and Kansas City area for a number
of years and am somewhat out of touch with the local scene in
Nebraska. Did live nearby in Plattsmouth for 20 years before moving
to New Mexico.
The Wymore branch also fed to Concordia, Kansas and 2 depots on that
line are still intact...Washington and Morrowville, Kansas. The steam
locomotive #710 at the Lincoln Depot also ran on that line for a
while. Diesels started up about 1953 on that route. Have photos of
SD9 #431 (BN 6128)in Washington in 1967.
Anyway, I am pleased to hear turntable was saved....Duane Koss/Kansas
City