The Wheel Car

To: 'BRHSList' <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: The Wheel Car
From: "Sauer, John" <jsauer@e...>
Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2000 14:46:28 -0400
Further to the discussion about the Wheel Car, I saw the Wheel Car in Mike
Spoor's Color Guide book, and it might make an intriguing model, although no
baggage car I can recall has been made in HO that would make a close
conversion.

Before I go further, I would like to see some other views of this car,
especially broadside. Does anyone recall other photos in any other books,
etc.?

Were those steel side sills under the floor original to the baggage car or
were they added when it was put into wheel service? The only other CB&Q
baggage cars that I have seen photos of do not have these side sills.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

John Sauer.