Wood box Car in Kane County

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Wood box Car in Kane County
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 21:52:59 EDT
The writer doesn't state where the car is in Kane County. I am aware of at
least three just off route 47 south of Sugar Grove and a couple more just
west of Hinckley.For many years these old cars were stockpiled at the
Montgomery Sheep yards and some were sold to locals for storage vehicles. In
my duties at Union Tank I deal w/many museums and have notified Mid Continent
of the cars at Sugar Grove and they have expressed an interest. Possibly this
is the path to follow on this car. If there's an interest I can supply the
contact and phone number at North Freedom.
P.S. The wood cars not sold were piled up and burned at the Sheep Yards.
Leo