Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q F-1 details

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] CB&Q F-1 details
From: Mike Spoor <CBQRR@j...>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 08:30:33 -0500
Cc: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Marshall: I think I can help with #545.

On page 55 of RailModel Journal (aguust 2000 issue), #545 is at Cicero in
September 1954. It shows the engineer side. #545 still has cuckoo clock
headlight on smokebox and tender. No round number plate. The photo
caption mentions that "the locomotive was photographed at Cicero, Ill in
September 1954 shortly before being transferred to the Centralia
Yards..."

I have a photo of #545 In Centralia in May 1955. Again it is the
engineer side. By this time it has a Pyle headlight on both the smokebox
and the tender. The headlight on the smokebox appears to be mounted on
the same bracket that the old cuckoo clock sat on. Still no round number
plate.

As mentioned in previous posts, the aldder on the rear of the tender is
on the right side, not the left side as comes with the model.

I hope this helps. I am still looking for a shot of the fireman's side
of #545.

Mike