Re: [BRHSlist] Coupling the Air

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Coupling the Air
From: John Knopp <jdknopp@g...>
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2000 22:34:52 -0400
At 10:12 PM 8/21/2000 -0400, qutlx1@a... wrote:

Here's how you do it; just pull the track with the air coupled to the
engine and as you identify a cut turn both angle cocks and kick the cut where
you want it to go. One crew member rides the now rear car in the cut rolling
freely. When the cut reaches the designated spot you drop off, walk behind
the cut as it rolls away, reach down and hold the hose and pull the angle
cock open. There you've created the perfect bumping post for all the
following cuts of cars to rest against. If you didn't trip, get hit by the
air hose or go nose first into the cut when it stops it worked just fine. I'm
sure there's at least a half dozen rule violations in that maneuver.

Damn! I'm pretty sure my railroad career would've been finished if someone had told me to do that! ;)

John Knopp
jdknopp@g...