Re: [BRHSlist] Railroad approved pocket watches

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Railroad approved pocket watches
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 03:14:33 EDT
Try Seiko. They used to have one back in the mid-1980's; ask to see a
catalog. When I was running the old GM&O route Chicago-St. Louis, in 1987,
my fireman had one. Don't know if they are still available, though. RR
watch standards became less specific/rigid in recent years as the accuracy of
quartz watches improved. In 1970, I purchased one of the last batches of
brand new Hamilton 992B's in Savanna, IL. Beautiful watch but doesn't come
close to the accuracy of a cheap K-Mart blue light special digital watch.
Some may disagree.
Bob Campbell