Distribution

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Distribution
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2000 22:02:05 EDT
Steve Fye yes there was a wheel shop in Galesburg. Please refer to one of
Mike Spoors volumes as there's a very good picture of the crane loading wheel
sets.
I seem to recall pulling loads of scrap from the Eola Reclamation Plant
destined to Northwestern Steel and Wire in Sterling,Il. Of course some
cars/engines were also sold directly to them on own wheels.The operations of
the reclamation plant would probably warrant a BB all its
own(someday).Unfortunately I no longer know of anyone who worked there.In
1968 I almost got my first job on the Q there as a crane operators helper for
the summer. Had the job but couldn't get past the physical exam. 4 yrs later
I passed w/flying colors! Leo