CUS

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: CUS
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2000 23:46:06 EDT
Well, its been a long time but tonight there was a sideswipe or what could
also be called a cornering between 2 trains in CUS. The 3:55 dinky from
Aurora to CUS was coming into the trainshed headed for the low
digits(probably trk 2/4.He had the control car just about into that switch
when the NS headed for Orland hit him in the ADA car 2 ahead of the engine.
Contrary to the news coverage there was major damage to that new shiny ADA
car w/the engineers side peeled back like a can opener had done its
thing.There were at least a couple people removed by ambulance and a couple
more w/cuts. The NS engine and the ADA were derailed blocking everything
except 24 and higher.It happened about 4:55pm and wrecked the entire parade.I
expect several crews went dead sitting on the tracks in Cus and there will
probably be one huge equipment move this weekend to get everything back to
Aurora for Monday.
I don't recall another incident of this nature other than some bumper post
kisses. Leo