Re: [BRHSlist] Things broken or, maybe, breaking.

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Things broken or, maybe, breaking.
From: amtrak347@a...
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 23:57:21 EDT
In a message dated 7/20/00 10:14:35 PM Central Daylight Time, karlre@r...
writes:

<< Max "Toot-Toot" Wissel sorta had the "touch" with dynamics as I recall. >>

"Gabby " Watson could add a few more choice words to describe Max's finese
with the dynamic. West end Millegeville was the site of a "shortened"
NE-something or other waycar. Gabby's comment to Max via the radio, was
something like, "How thick was that brick wall we just run into?". Waycar
speed must have dropped from 60+MPH to about 30 MPH in 2 or 3 micro-seconds;
unfortunately, Conductor Watson stayed with the 60 MPH 'til he reached the
west end of the waycar. When the train arrived Savanna, Max decided to walk
to the Radke House, while I had the duty of trying to explain to "Gabby"
while riding in the van, Max's dunamic brake "technique". I did ask Gabby if
he was going to seek the assistance of a doctor or a lawyer when he got to
the motel, which was a comment better left unsaid.

Bob