3 in 1 waycars

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: 3 in 1 waycars
From: "William Franckey" <budapest@g...>
Date: Sat, 15 Jul 2000 10:53:27 -0500
Dear John, If I understand this right were both talking about the three and one
combo car? All my stuff is buried as we just moved but I believe I salvaged the
Q 3978. I'd have to check the plaque of tool equipment that hung inside the
car. It has the car's correct number. It sat in the weeds by my folks place
south of Galesburg, Il. The RR placed it on some land the Q owned by Lake
Bracken. About mid 50's some of the roundhouse foremen, yard foremen etc played
cards in it. Later the house and buildings ( car ) were abandoned. I tried to
get some help to get it moved and figured no matter how bad it was damaged it
could always be restored. No one else thought so, it was burned along with
everthing else. I made some salvaging trips to it and have some photos.......If
were talking about the same thing, I thought you might like an off-beat
story.........................William A. Franckey