Re: [BRHSlist] Trainmasters

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Trainmasters
From: tgcostello@a...
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2000 17:04:57 EDT
In a message dated 06/11/2000 11:40:50 AM Pacific Daylight Time, okt@j...
writes:

> Did any of the EL trainmasters ever turn up on the Q in the run through
> pool?
> I'm trying to figure out some justifacation for getting on of the new
> Atlas N scale FMs
> Terry

Terry and Q listers:

I hate to dash your hopes, but I would day with 99% probability that EL
Trainmasters did not operate on CB&Q/BN run through trains.

During the mid 60's these units were not used system wide on the EL. They
were generally used in Cleveland to Youngstown iron ore service. Most were
retired in 1966, with a few hanging on untill 1968. Typical EL pool power
was: SD/SDP45, SD45-2, U33/36C, and to a lesser extent the GP35, U25B, and
even less likely would have been the Alco C424 and C425.

Tim Costello
Technical Advisor: Modeling
ELHS