RE: Question about a 1905 route

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: Question about a 1905 route
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jun 2000 14:06:19 -0500
Cc: <Janiselain@a...>
Janis,
The railroad lines that I know that served Anamosa were the:

Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Paul & Pacific that went through Anamosa on its way
from Cedar Rapids to Dubuque

Chicago & Northwestern that went E from Anamosa to Clinton, IA

CR&N was a line that went NW from Anamosa through Prairieburg, IA to
Quasqueton, IA that I found on a 1910 map. On my 1920 map the line only
goes as far as Coggon, IA. I've not been able to uncover any more
information on the CR&N, but I've forwarded this to the BRHSlist to see if
any of the folks there may have more information.

The CB&I you mention in Rome, IA is the Chicago - Denver mainline of the
CB&Q.

Dave Lotz
BRHS Archives