Re: [BRHSlist] NPP K2 HO Models

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] NPP K2 HO Models
From: NNull@a...
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2000 23:17:35 EDT
Ray;
Remotored the ones I got when they came out. As I recall -- been a while
since they came out -- the motor was essentially the same motor, and
available from NPP, but had the brush springs as internal coil springs
instead of having the brushes mounted on arms. Pretty sure you won't be able
to find the same open frame motor any longer but it made a world of
difference in performance over the stock motor as the spring across the top
of the motor that applied pressure to the the motor brush arms was
essentially nonexistant. My vote would be to try and find the largest can
motor that will fit in the space--and there ain't a lot of space. Once I
remotored them, they ran sweetly. Won't pull the entire world but it is a
physically small locomotive.

Nolen