Heritage Paint Schemes and a new (I think) Passenger car book

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Heritage Paint Schemes and a new (I think) Passenger car book
From: "Rick Keil" <rkeil6721@h...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2000 20:32:16 CDT
In my local hobby shop today I saw a magazine (sorry forgot to check which one) that had a story on Illinois railroads. On the cover it pictured Bloomer Lines RR and the paint scheme was Chinese Red and Grey, White nose stripes and the Bloomer spelled out in the classic Burlington font. Also purchased a new book by W. David Randall called The Passenger Car Library, Volume 1 - CB&Q, The Budd Company. It has some photos and drawings from apparntly every type of lightweight car built by Budd for the Q. There will be other volumes that will cover other railroads.

Rick Keil
Omaha, NE