RE: [BRHSlist] brake gear

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: RE: [BRHSlist] brake gear
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2000 08:18:04 -0500
John,

Since this obviously is a criticism of Q Connection, I would have preferred
you would have done it directly instead of over the BRHS list. However,
since you chose the medium for this discussion, I'll use the same for my
reply.

Do you feel that embarrassing a supplier over the list will get you results
any faster? This type of heavy-handed "bashing" is why most
manufacturer's/suppliers hate to deal with railfans. In case you haven't
noticed, I have given up being the moderator of the BRHSlist, and several
other responsibilities, due to a personal, family situation. Q Connection
is not my full-time job, and it gets attention when I have the time for it.
I've tried my best to provide models and kits that have been sorely lacking
for the Q, and have tried to do this in a timely manner. The drawings I had
made are less detailed than the one that Hol did in Burlington Bulletin #36,
so I had planned on distributing copies of these to non-BRHS members,
figuring those in the BRHS would simply use those provided in the Bulletin.
If you look closely, there are PHOTOGRAPHS of the underbody details on pages
56 & 57 to supplement the excellent drawings on pages 40 & 41. If these are
not sufficient, then I suggest you begin a search for construction drawings
and/or take a field trip to where one of these cars are, Wataga, Illinois.

John, you've been a supporter of Q Connection through your purchases, and I
would like to keep you as a customer. I'm doing the best I can, but if
that is not good enough, then I guess the obvious will happen....

Dave Lotz
Q Connection