Re: [BRHSlist] Delivery to B&OCT and A New Request

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Delivery to B&OCT and A New Request
From: vlbg <vlbg@s...>
Date: Mon, 05 Jun 2000 19:15:59 -0500
Ed DeRouin wrote:

> Russ, Leo and Others:
>
> After rechecking my sources, I must admit to not enjoying my serving of
> Humble Pie. Let's just say that Russ is right, the transfers to B&O
> traveled via Western Ave.
>
> Can anyone provide information about freight deliveries to other
> carriers in Chicago. I am embarking upon the Chicago Division research,
> to be done along with the Signaling and Dispatching research, and
> welcome any information. I have found that often the information is
> comingled, so I am accepting all data and building two piles.
>
> You may choose to reply directly or on BRHSlist. The material will
> appear, don't hold your breath, in a future Burlington Bulletin.
>
> Ed DeRouin

Ed:

Here's a little bit:

Let's stick to the days before two way deliveries and the RR's trading
off who would handle the transfers.

ATSF To: None. BRC would handle.
ATSF From: Freight houses at Corwith did load some traffic for Billings
Shipping. Would transfer from Corwith via BRC/C&WI to Cicero
about 0900. Would commonly load in SFRD reefers.
Forwarder traffic only. Everything else BRC would handle.

BOCT To: Via Western Ave. to Barr Yard. No Autos via this route.