Chalk Marks

To: brhslist@egroups.com
Subject: Chalk Marks
From: qutlx1@a...
Date: Sun, 4 Jun 2000 23:21:07 EDT
Tim, I started working at Eola about 1974 (June). No chalking done. I worked
Rochelle in spring 1973 and we chalked everything but it was the only place I
remember where it was done. By 1974 when I again worked Rochelle regularly no
chalking was performed. I agree w/Steve that the computers invaded the Aurora
div in 1973 as I recall sitting for hours waiting for lists,trains,bills,etc
as things cut over. Also per prior discussion the herders job at Aurora (the
guy who did the chalking at Eola) was gone w/the installation of head end
power on suburban service in 1972/73. Leo