Re: [BRHSlist] Train #7/ 8

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Train #7/ 8
From: Aeolus3@a...
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 06:16:00 EDT
In a message dated 5/29/00 9:43:33 PM Central Daylight Time,
rgortowski@a... writes:

<< Anybody know -- want to take a guess?

In the early 1950s did the all-stops Denver Local (train #7/ 8) carry a
working RPO? Was it normal practice to send RPO/Baggage cars in just
mail/express service (without working the RPO portion)? Based on several
pictures I have seen, it seems that several of these cars were used in one
train.

Thanks,

Rich:

adding to the private answer.... I have seen pictures of "Q" trains with more
than one RPO..... perhaps they were using the RPO's as Storage Mail?

Loren Johnson