A couple of questions -

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: A couple of questions -
From: marshall <zephyr03@s...>
Date: Sun, 07 May 2000 19:34:49 -0500
Hi, group -

While procrastinating my way through a lazy Sunday afternoon by perusing
back issues of the BB, I ran into a couple of puzzlers. Can anyone help
unravel????

In BB#33 (Hudsons), the photo at the bottom of p. 73 is captioned in
part: "The mineral red color of the cab roof is quite evident". Well,
it *does* look that way, as well as one can judge from a B&W pic - but
the photo is dated 9/17/1941. I had been led to believe (and believe
there was an onlist discussion a year or so back) that the red cab roofs
did not come into currency until after the war (1947 runs in mind). Can
anyone lay this question to rest for once and all???? (A dated painting
order or diagram would be ideal, but I'll take what I can get!)

. . . and in BB#12 (BREX), I thumbed & scanned in vain to find either a
photo or text mention which would confirm or deny whether BREX ice
reefers carried car numbers on the roofs, as many ice reefers did in
those days. Does anyone know?

Please help!!!!

Marshall