Spring Meet in Rochelle

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Spring Meet in Rochelle
From: rgortowski@a...
Date: Mon, 1 May 2000 22:02:05 EDT
Guys and gals,

Just a few random thoughts on the Spring Meet in Rochelle. We had about 185
people attend the meet. There was the ever-present swap meet with 30 tables
of CB&Q related items. There were three interesting clinics, the first was
Leo Phillipps (of BRHSList fame) doing his hand signals program. The second
was Dave Lotz (Q-Connection) and John Lee (of AMB and Badger) with a hands-on
clinic about building and painting laser kits. The final one was a
roundtable discussion with former CB&Q employees John Schmid, Jim Shaffer,
and Bob Campbell.

Some people took advantage of the proximity to the UP/BNSF diamonds to do a
little railfanning. A lot of people stayed and caught up on old friendships.

We had a buffet diner and then were treated to two programs, one by Jim
Singer and Jerry Hamsmith, following a Galesburg to Mendota local. The
second featured Mike Spoor showing a slide show of photos under consideration
for his next book.

We had a raffle for a painted Aurora Shops CB&Q heavyweight diner and a
Badger airbrush (the airbrush was donated by John Lee).

I think we had a good time and I would strongly recommend that any who can
should plan to attend next year's Spring Meet which will be held in Mendota,
IL on April 28th 2001.

Rich Gortowski
Meet Chairman