O5's

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: O5's
From: "Karl L Rethwisch" <karlre@r...>
Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 19:52:41 -0600
Leo,

Which engines was Elmer referring to? My very limited experience ON O5's left
me with pleasant memories concerning the ride qualities. Of course my only cab
curtain trip was the 5618. The rest were O5a's with the cab that could have
served as a small apartment. The main reason that hand firing one of these
things was so hard was you had to walk a mile from the coal boards to the fire
door.

My quickest trip from Mendota to Sandwich was with Niles Haar on the '32.
Something approaching 115 MPH. Rode pretty good too.

Karl