Re: [BRHSlist] Lost Cars

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Lost Cars
From: hold-on@s...
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 23:42:28 +0000

qutlx1@a... wrote:

> Russ,Per the interchange rules as listed in the field manual any car in
> interchange service must have an AEI tag and if not the carrier is authorized
> to install and bill the owners $72.00 and they do. As I understand the rules
> Amtrak cars are not "in interchange".
> Steve.Yes they all eventually show up;problem is the lessee(who is both the
> rr's and our customer) is paying rent on the car while nobody can find it?!
> Now who do you suppose he thinks should pay that rent? I've had 2 railroads
> on the phone at the same time saying the other guy is xxxxxxxxx but I'm
> sitting there w/o the car.They do eventually show up in the daxxxxx places.
> But one way I've developed that usually gets them found relatively quickly is
> to send the AAR guy at the last reported handling line the request for AAR
> d/v of the car and submit an invoice for same. Man the car appears pretty
> fast when faced w/that $20-50,000 invoice. Leo
>
> Leo

Remember Econ 101 and the Law of Dimishing Returns. To day on the railroads it
is just the opposite. Not enough people and who want to work. That also applys
to the train crews at present. They not only have to horse the train over the
road, Sit for hours at at time waiting for someone to make a desision as to what
they are going to do then deliver the train to a foreign road. And who is the
first person to be layed off. The youngest leaving a ageing work force. Here is
hoping the 60/30years goes thru so us old farts can leave it to the college ed
idots to drown.sjh