Re: [BRHSlist] Congress Park Extension

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Congress Park Extension
From: vlbg <vlbg@s...>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 08:17:44 -0500
hold-on@s... wrote:

> Karl L Rethwisch wrote:
>
> > Leo,
> >
> > Yeah. If I get a few min. this wkend I'll "pen" an article 'bout it.
> >
> > Also got one about the "drops" that were a part of the House job at Aurora.
> >
> > Also, also, got a motorcar story (MOW) involving "Stutterin' Stu" and the
> > LaSalle Sw. engine. BTW, can anybody remember the name of the business that
> > would be to the left of 86's waycar in the picture posted in the foto files?
> > Also, what did they make?

> > Subject: [BRHSlist] Congress Park Extension
> >
> > > Karl,you were going to share a story of the ability of the dirt pile at
> > the
> > > end of the stub trk off the extension to keep cars off the street xing?
> > Leo
>
> Karl
> I am going to say the stacks are the Illinois Zinc Works. I think the photo is
> looking west and I am sure the units are tied up near the depot. Although it
> may be the stacks of the Westclock Factory. I think both are now gone. I
> cheated and looked at my Station Map of LaSalle-Peru.
> SJH

Steve/Karl:

The shot at La Salle was indeed looking West. I pulled it out for a day
because I forgot to caption it. Now included are the 9211 at La Salle
and the 9208 at Congress Park. If they look a little strange you should
remember that at that age I just took every shot with the same shutter
settings. In these two cases Nikon really bailed me out with creating
something out of darkness in the first case and creating something
passable out of a too bright snow scene.

Russ