Re: [BRHSlist] Winter

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Winter
From: KPMF16@a...
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 23:25:42 EDT
I don't know about you railroad types, but as a carpenter contractor I spent
the whole winter outside framing houses and it was a hell of a way to make a
living. We literally had snow up to our shoulders to get into the job site,
and had to put chains on the truck to get it off the street account it
wouldn't have been wide enough for two vehicles to pass with all the snow
banked up on the sides. The air hoses for the nailing guns clogged up with
ice so we resorted to hand slamming nails most of the winter. We worked many
a day of below zero to put food on the table, so I know it certainly wasn't a
bed of roses for you guys either.
Lake Michigan totally froze over.
I think it was the winter that put the final nails in the coffins of both the
Milwaukee, and the Rock.

Ken Thompson