Re: [BRHSlist] Moser Lumber

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Moser Lumber
From: hogger41@a...
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 03:29:21 EDT
Leo,

If memory serves me, the few times I dropped cars at Moser, we backed in
and took the car/cars to the West end and then ran east, pulling the pin and
line the Engine for the main while someone rode the brake. We would then go
back west when the car cleared and spot it.
In your earlier post about the sand loads out of the Marquette. I seem to
remember that when the LaSalle job would bring the cars back across the
Illinois River Bridge they would weigh the cars at LaSalle before shipping
them out. They occasionally found one that was overloaded and had to be taken
back across the Illinois River Bridge to be reloaded account they were to
heavy to cross the Bridge.

Gary O.