FW: CB&Q 5629

To: <BRHSlist@egroups.com>
Subject: FW: CB&Q 5629
From: "David Lotz" <Dave_Lotz@m...>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 23:09:03 -0500
From: YNCS(SW/AW) Lewis J.G. [mailto:lewisjg@B...]
Sent: Tuesday, April 04, 2000 11:25 AM
To: Dave_Lotz (E-mail)
Subject: CB&Q 5629

Dave,

Since I am unable to subscribe to the list here on the ship, I thought you &
the list might enjoy the exchange I recently had with the Colorado Railroad
Museum about 5629:

"With the completion of your new roundhouse facility, are there any plans to
move 5629 'indoors' or will she stay where she is? She appears to be in
rather good condition considering all the many years she has braved the
elements...."

Their reply:

"There are no plans to ever move the 5629 from her present location. I
know, "never say never". Some day down the road things may change. I saw
her under steam in Lincoln, Nebraska in 1959 when she was being used as a
stationary boiler for the depot heat and she was pretty worn out at that
time."

Regards,

John Lewis