Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago,Aurora &Dekalb

To: BRHSlist@egroups.com
Subject: Re: [BRHSlist] Chicago,Aurora &Dekalb
From: supchief17@a...
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 00:34:09 EDT
In a message dated 4/3/00 10:36:55 PM Central Daylight Time, qutlx1@a...
writes:

<< The bike trail on the west side of Aurora toward Bliss Woods is the former
C.M.&G. right of way. It ran close to the C..A.&D. but the that R-O-W is not
part of the trail. I learned this from several people and line,map research.
For real historical thrill check out any plat map from prior to the 30's for
Sugar Grove township and look at the area that is now part of the Waubonsee
Community College campus parallel to Rte 47 but east of the main bldgs. At
one time the Q stub from Sugar Grove,The C.A.&D. main and the C.M.&G. main
all occupied a space only a few feet apart! Leo

Interesting enough, I have lived all my life in Aurora, and have done many
"historical searches" on all of the old right of ways in Aurora.
Down near were the EJE, CBQ, and the CMG all came together (by ridgeway St.)
there is......still in the overgrown trees, and weeds, a section of the old
CM&G track (complete with rails). It is about 30 feet long, and is between
the old EJE track, and were the CMG trackage continued west of Prairie St. I
could not believe I found this track.......forgotten for 70 years. I can go
and take a Digital PIC of this track before the trees get leaves if anyone is
interested......

<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/heartland/8114/littleq.html";>Little Q
Model Railroad Club</A>
President: Mike Griesmann