[CBQ] Wahoo,NE

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Wahoo,NE
From: "Leo Phillipp via groups.io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 19:43:10 -0500
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha256; bh=lB0YfP1OORBr3ab/yAbS+AosY/Q583sX4Oq8JNhC0tk=; c=relaxed/simple; d=groups.io; h=From:Mime-Version:Subject:Message-Id:Date:To:References:Precedence:List-Subscribe:List-Help:Sender:List-Id:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:Reply-To:List-Unsubscribe-Post:List-Unsubscribe:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding:Content-Length; s=20140610; t=1694738607; v=1; b=jnKoYU9CtHfcy3cgxqbHotEpLGKuMToKyFAc1UVSHsu+FXYhQ24jH4w4FS4ga1D+E8kAprx7 rpI4ott+lUht9VqjgiFFHCH1AW5kOYjOk5uQ7+Sbf2UjNBL0CNStiyfx1ESKKs/JPeYMfzw7YMf oicwH57QNiEfFq6+3WRO5kc8=
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
To my fellow BRHS members who made the trip to Wahoo,NE last Saturday as part
of the annual meet. If you’re wondering where was this and what else was on
this branch go to the BRHS site, members only, then the Q rail network icon.
Either search on Wahoo or the Ashland to Prague segment and many of your
questions will be answered by the line segment drawings. Looks like the
questions about a CNW interchange, etc, etc and the wye will be clearly shown.
Note what looks like a three way diamond(UP,CNW,Q) just east or south of the
depot. The only flaw I can see is the Q engineering dept has the Q depot in the
opposite wye angle than it is currently located at. Either it was moved to
present location or engineers got a little disoriented.

Also for those of us hunting for rail weight and cast date it’s on the chart.
Whopping 56# and 1886. Thanks Dan Moon for identifying Cambria of Joliet,IL as
the mill that cast it.

Thank you Don Zinnecker for a great meet and thank you web site men for making
so much of the Q available at fingertips.

Leo Phillipp
Ps- I got so focused on the original Waverly depot station board, the waycar
and the steam clam shell I totally missed the shop whistle……..