[CBQ] CB&Q slide collection for sale in Chicago area

To: "CB&Q List" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: [CBQ] CB&Q slide collection for sale in Chicago area
From: "Frederick Ripley" <fjripley68@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 22:56:50 -0400
Dkim-signature: a=rsa-sha256; bh=B4/+ZIA3qiGfP3TMER2fZ7XOhoo769ZKpJLfkhzDuiE=; c=relaxed/simple; d=groups.io; h=MIME-Version:References:In-Reply-To:From:Date:Message-ID:Subject:To:Precedence:List-Subscribe:List-Help:Sender:List-Id:Mailing-List:Delivered-To:Reply-To:List-Unsubscribe-Post:List-Unsubscribe:Content-Type; s=20140610; t=1693191450; v=1; b=JuaMotqiRyr5GfwWVIAq4ZFhgiolb5tMARqQ7ZoTOGXr8wkaG3JbXlipOWlBPevYT/Ha9W1O Dk3BVLc/EEX1i15+rcPB8nNrpQOkq1Wq5KuqH6wkGrcgjktWS+CeL84dxsAJblmkZ6v+97Fib6x LPjJ+BMKML6VY7vnvu9jrOSQ=
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

August 27

Folks,

I received the note below.  Gerald found my contact info online, and wondered if I had ideas for selling his dad's slides.   I replied that I would be glad to post his note on the CB&Q list.   Sounds like an interesting collection, and seems like a nice opportunity for someone in the Chicago area who can easily make arrangements to look at the slides and make him an offer if interested.   He indicated he would reply to any queries sent directly to him.

Best, Fred R.

From: Gerald Smoczynski <geraldsmoczynski@currently.com>

 My father used to work for The Chicago Burlington and Quincy Railroad which later became The Burlington Northern during the 1960's and 1970's.
During that time he took many pictures of railroad cars and engines and buildings in different train yards as his hobby. There are around 5,000 35 mm slides.
Do you buy collections or do you know of anyone around Chicago who might be interested or collectors in other parts of the country?
I live in Woodridge, Illinois.

Thank You,
Gerald S. Smoczynski

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#65667) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_