Re: [CBQ] HO Scale Walthers Proto GP9 Phase I and ScaleTrains GP30

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] HO Scale Walthers Proto GP9 Phase I and ScaleTrains GP30
From: "Don Winn" <donswinn@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2023 11:21:44 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Thanks for the tip, Bill.  I've ordered my GP30s now.

Don

On Sun, Jul 9, 2023 at 10:42 AM William Hirt <whirt@fastmail.com> wrote:
Since I have not seen anybody post on these, so:

Walthers released GP9 Phase I in the Blackbird scheme last month. They
are the same quality as the recent Walthers Proto GP7s which I believe
is excellent. Walthers is now out of stock on these, but I saw a couple
for sale at a local hobby shop on Thursday. I've run my set to get them
broken in. They run very smoothly. Using the Loksound programmer, I was
able to change the horn to a dual Leslie A200 to match the dual horns on
the locomotive.

ScaleTrains announce last week GP30s in the delivery scheme (EMD
produced April-June 1962). They are planning to have six different
numbers available in both LokSound/DCC and DC. You can see more on the
CB&Q GP30 page on their website:

https://www.scaletrains.com/rivet-counter-ho-scale-emd-gp30-cb-q-redbird.html

Bill Hirt

_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#65519) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_