[CBQ] Joint Line Conductor Train Consist book

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Joint Line Conductor Train Consist book
From: "Julian Erceg via groups.io" <grbfrog=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2022 12:53:52 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Hello everyone,

I've just scanned a conductor's consist book from the Joint Line around 1937 and I've got a few questions.  The biggest question: which railroad did Conductor HB Decker work for?  Sometimes he was assigned a C&S caboose, other times a Santa Fe caboose.  Some train numbers look like they are C&S trains, others Santa Fe.  He uses Santa Fe station numbers in the book.  He was on trains generally pulled by 2-10-2's, but they could've belonged to either railroad!

I'm familiar with the joint operation as far as sharing main lines, but were crews pooled also?  I've always assumed each railroad provided crews and power for their trains.

Here is the link if anyone wants to look at it.  If anyone wants to add it (or anything else I have) to the Files section, feel free.  I know groups.io storage is limited so I don't do it myself.

https://movingthefreight.com/railroads/chicago-burlington-quincy/

Also, does anyone have a station number list for the CB&Q?  I haven't been able to find one for either the older or the newer numbers.

Thanks in advance,
Julian Erceg
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#63284) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic

_._,_._,_