Re: [CBQ] Autoparts Movement

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Autoparts Movement
From: "Fred Crissey" <fhc925@frontier.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 18:34:40 +0000 (UTC)
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Tom Mack:
There was no regular move of 86ft cars on the C&I during the existence of the Q.  Replacement parts were handled for GM and Ford in 50ft cars.  There was a group of 86ft replacement parts cars built for Ford and ordered by the GN and CBQ but were delivered after the BN merger to handle parts to Seattle and Denver from Brownstown MI on the DT&I.  They carried BN marks IIRC.  If not they were changed shortly thereafter.  That does not mean the CBQ/GN/BN cars were used exclusively.  Depends what equipment was available at loading time.  More later.
Fred Crissey