[CBQ] Shovelnose question

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] Shovelnose question
From: "Ed Pavlovic" <cbq168a@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2020 22:08:31 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Was reading the latest Bulletin that came in the mail today and noticed the
photo of the Mark Twain Zephyr that struck the barge that was fouling the track.

Made me wonder, I know I've looked in the cab of the Pioneer Zephyr at MSI and
simply don't remember, but did they have any type of collision posts to give
some protection to the engine crew?  You look at the front end of a shovelnose
and from the outside it doesn't look like it really is that much more
substantial construction than a streetcar or interurban would have, and I've
seen photos of those after a wreck.

Was the Burlington lucky enough not to have had major accidents with the
shovelnoses?

Thanks to all of those involved in the production of this Burlington Bulletin,
an excellent job!

Ed Pavlovic