Re: [CBQ] Troop Kitchen Conversion

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Troop Kitchen Conversion
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Sat, 28 Sep 2019 13:01:32 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
A subset of Q converted troop kitchen cars had freight safety appliances added
in order to serve Kable Brothers printing in Mt Morris,IL running on freight
trains. This occurred in the 1950s when the passenger train that had been
picking up the loads of printed magazines at Oregon,IL was taken off. The
wayfreights  on C&I were reconfigured and a new job, nicknamed the Oregon Turn,
operated from Eola to Oregon and back each day. Upon reaching Oregon the job
ran around its train and the cars of magazines, that had been brought from Mt
Morris by the Oregon-Mt Morris job, were placed behind the waycar. The job made
a hot, direct run to Aurora where the depot engine pulled the magazine loads
off and put them on an eastbound dinky to Chicago.

Leo Phillipp