Re: [CBQ] Hallmark E-5 #9915B re-powering

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Hallmark E-5 #9915B re-powering
From: "Lyle Dowell" <l_dowell1117@att.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2019 18:54:08 -0700
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
John, thanks for the images. Your method is making me reconsider what I thought I was going to do. A couple of things tho'.  I don't recognize how you mounted the couplers and their mounts. It appears you maintained the original mounts but how you attached them to either the shell or the frame is not apparent to me. Are they still on the short piece of the frame that you removed from each end? Also, just to confirm, the I-beam appears to be originally mounted by two solder points each. Did you remove them by using heat or can they be pried away? I suspect the former. The original truck mount, did you remove it before opening the floor or were you able to remove it piece of the floor you cut away?

Again, thanks for the images, they will be of great assistance
Lyle Dowell
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#58003) | Reply To Group | Reply To Sender | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #9915b

_._,_._,_