Re: [CBQ] CB&Q E-5 #9915B

To: <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] CB&Q E-5 #9915B
From: "Charlie Vlk" <cvlk@comcast.net>
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2019 14:26:08 -0500
Sender: CBQ@groups.io

All-

On the subject….if anyone ever has the urge to draw up the correct A1A fabricated power truck for the Silver Charger I have photos and an Electro-Motive drawing for it.

It would make sense to make it so it replaces the sideframe on a Life-Like E unit mechanism, their being the most widely available and best suited for the process.

I hope that by that time somebody has drawn up the 9908 in 3D CAD so that an N Scale version could be done using the same basic file.  I would also recommend using the Life-Like E unit mechanism and further the original plastic frame as it would be the easiest to chop up for a single truck power mechanism.  The Kato Prewar Budd truck would be the one to use for the other end of the unit; I don’t think there is a similar truck available in HO but most will be retrofitting the brass model which of course already has it.

Charlie Vlk