Re: [CBQ] Location??

To: "CBQ@groups.io" <CBQ@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Location??
From: "zephyr98072" <glenehaug@msn.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2019 03:07:09 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
Here are some more clues to verify that Charlie is correct.  The bridge number is painted on the end of the most southerly TPG girder, which is Bridge 4.54 which is Marshall Boulevard.  This area was part of the 1898-99 track elevation project from Cicero to Western Avenue, and all of the initial grade separation bridges used TPG spans.  There were only two of these bridges east of the 'L' overhead, Marshall Boulevard and California Avenue.  You can easily see the California Avenue bridge in the background.  Further in the background, you can barely see 5-track signal bridge 4.23.  This signal bridge was originally at MP 4.36 just west of California Avenue, but was moved east to just west of Washtenaw Avenue in 1925.  The reason you can't see a grade separation bridge at Washtenaw Avenue is because it was part of the second track elevation project between Western Avenue and Canal Street, and was a below-track slab bridge.

Glen Haug