[CBQ] 1968 CB&Q CUSTOMER SERVICE Ford Econoline Van (was Herald kept ali

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: [CBQ] 1968 CB&Q CUSTOMER SERVICE Ford Econoline Van (was Herald kept alive)
From: "Tom Mack via Groups.Io" <thommack=yahoo.com@groups.io>
Date: Wed, 06 Mar 2019 05:29:36 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 09:41 AM, HOL WAGNER wrote:
The photo is quite clearly an early post-merger view of one of those vans with a BN logo placed over the BR herald on the sides.  The agent probably was given only two of the logos and thus didn't have enough for the rear doors.
Looking at the van photo I think perhaps the reason for not putting the BN logos over the rear BR logos is that the BN sticker looks too tall to fit between the windows and the "CUSTOMER SERVICE" logo on the back doors. Either way, it is certainly our advantage to have a good rear color photo of one of these vans!

I checked to see if anyone makes a 1968-1971 Ford Econoline van in HO scale, and unfortunately I couldn't find one. If someone makes them, it would be really neat to take a white one and get some custom decals to make a CB&Q CUSTOMER SERVICE van!

BTW, per Wikipedia, although the body style of the 2nd generation 1968-1974 Ford Econoline van was the same, starting with the 1971 model year the grill was redesigned to match the updated Ford F series pickups. So for a proper Q version we would need a 1968-1970 model year 2nd generation Ford Econoline van.

--
Tom Mack
Cincinnati, OH

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56871) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic