Re: [CBQ] Train Order Semaphore

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] Train Order Semaphore
From: travengr@ctechinternet.com
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2018 14:15:47 -0800
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
After posting the photos I found and have now scanned the field notes I made that day. There are 30 photos of the depot, some of which have a 5-foot photo ruler prominently displayed. The field notes include window and door widths, measurements of the current siding. and stud locations based on the exterior nails. By the time I photoed this depot I had learned how to make detailed measurements, for modeling purposes, from photos, especially those where I had actual field measurements to support the 5-foot photo ruler. Thus, I did not make overall measurements of the building. No effort was made to photo the interior as (1) the building was locked and (2) there was too much clutter to see anything.

Currently indexing the photos - detailed info for captioning, etc. Still have to run the images through p-shop elements as all of the the originals are Nikon NEF - their version of RAW - format with very large files, not suitable for easy distribution. Very happy to share all this but not sure the best way; suggestions most welcome.

Ken - was interested to see your Lowell Depot drawing as I went to Pioneer Village on 5 November 2009. Also have field notes on that building but was far more interested in the water tank for which there are lots of pix.

John - I gave up on HO-Scale in the mid-1980s due to vision problems related to scratch building steel under-frames in styrene and have worked with O-Scale ever since. Thus I have 1:48 dimensions in my head and the original posting's reference to 1:48.

Jim
_._,_._,_

Groups.io Links:

View/Reply Online (#56357) | Reply To Group | Mute This Topic | New Topic