Re: [CBQ] GN F's and CB&Q Power on Freight in 1968

To: CBQ@groups.io
Subject: Re: [CBQ] GN F's and CB&Q Power on Freight in 1968
From: "Leo Phillipp via Groups.Io" <qutlx1=aol.com@groups.io>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2018 08:12:28 -0600
Sender: CBQ@groups.io
The ballast looks to be steel mill slag. Did GN use this material ?

Could this scene be a shot of the GN/Q power agreement that we've discussed in the past on this site and Karl R. Shared his first hand experience of derailing at River St in Aurora,IL when the front of a GN F unit, that was leading came off.

By the way, I believe the BN was blessed with GN/NP Fs. One experience I had was leaving the pit at Cicero one night for departure yard with an F as the lead unit of 4 old first generation power. By the time we made it from the roundhouse to Clyde yard office in "D" yard the F was now the only working unit and then it died at the yard office. We literally drifted back to the roundhouse thanks to the downhill grade. Yes, it's true,you can't make something this crazy up.

FWIW, the slide scene reminds me of White Pines state park just west of Oregon,IL and if my guess/hunch is right the train is eastbound.

Leo Phillipp