[CBQ] Re:Location Information

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re:Location Information
From: "William Barber clipperw@gmail.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2016 11:13:13 -0500
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1475342090; bh=Ld8nS+0E7T1tVv9EGxPSn9Y6A7OddnlPsNdPre00MrE=; h=References:To:In-Reply-To:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=Tg/JVFKkXjGEsavm328tvIUWO7woXmgbzthGUFCvydSJNYObOz50ZHeFE5DvY5EPj5gtIvj31UZ4wBggfFk1YGVBuyluZBdYy2pnLvdPKRHnb85JQfaCfH/N6n6hXW9XBJBL8bXRNfJRvme8/zWCA75pgjFN8YEPsPOZCb/dJro=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Tom,

The industry south of Quincy Ave. is Kraft General, but used to be General Mills. That entire track complex was, I believe, built to serve a large staging and distribution facility for imported automobiles. The staging area covered a number of acres just north of Aurora Ave. and the tracks extended further south into that area. The wye provided access from either east or west. I think Nissans and Toyotas were staged there among other brands. I don’t know when the facility was closed, but would suspect somewhere in the last 20 - 25 years. Obviously, the RR still serves two industries there and has continued to maintain most of the trackage. The industry closest to the right of way is apparently a new customer as the siding appears to have been recently installed.

Bill Barber
Gravois Mills, MO