[CBQ] Re: Fwd: Rivarossi CB&Q U28C #563 & #571

To: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [CBQ] Re: Fwd: Rivarossi CB&Q U28C #563 & #571
From: "Hank Kraichely hkraichely@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2016 00:09:11 -0600
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I bought a U25C last year when they were released and I am very pleased with
the loco.

The following is my response to Scott's questions.

First, the gray paint on the upper hood is too light plus seams to run to
slightly creamy tone.

The gray paint is the only distraction from a overall great model.  I really
enjoy the EC sound system.  Starting the unit produces the sound of a smaller
high pitch sound followed by the sound of a slow heavy prime mover turning
over.  After 15 to 20 seconds of the rpm' s building the engine settles into a
idle.  (  A interesting point is during this start up sequence opening the
throttle does nothing as the locomotive will not move until the prime mover
completes the start up sequence.  This locomotive is is very capable having
moved 62 cars around the lower level of my layout.  The locomotive ran at 20
mph the entire time no slippage at all!  Hank

First

Sent from my iPad

Posted by: Hank Kraichely <hkraichely@sbcglobal.net>

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com