Re: [CBQ] St Francis Branch

To: "CBQ@yahoogroups.com" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Re: [CBQ] St Francis Branch
From: "STEVEN HOLDING sholding@sbcglobal.net [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Dec 2015 04:01:09 +0000 (UTC)
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1451102471; bh=cao8RYEkktoD2da0bioPwzl6KnmJ3BoTldddtp5VHJw=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=OPtcnLozY8a7u4ZByiqKMqmSFsXOHGgy3N5ksqBkWlHbjKkDNspmfyzGqkcysrtrB/qjYFAAW2yAfSuuVLEpdTqlbAELamhwUAgXvASQ6HBxW4D4KL+5EENw3CIkULf8fCm87o5jhN/FlvHbvYOWEfytqOWYzJXb9hrKidZzJlY=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

One problem with grain doors was leakage.  We had a Sou box car of corn come thru Congress Park in that was leaking so the IHB put in in the next delivery back to BN.  So it come up the north wye into the yard leaking all over the west end of the yard lead.  It got batted around a couple times leaking more corn on the west end of the yard till it was about ankle deep.  With the fall rains and snow mixed with the corn it was slicker then ice and began to stink to high heaven.  So now the Harbor would not interchange cars up to BN.  Which at the time was about 300 cars on second trick along.  SO BN had the section out with scoops and dump truck to clean up the corn.
One of the good reasons to go with covered hoppers.
Steve in SC