[CBQ] Assigned Waycar as Home

To: "<CBQ@yahoogroups.com>" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [CBQ] Assigned Waycar as Home
From: "qutlx1@aol.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2015 20:05:08 -0500
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com
I've thought about the following question for some time and have finally
decided to post it.
Please reserve your negative,it couldn't happen,comments as I suspect it did in
more than a few
Terminals.

Here's my question; since back in the day, a job was assigned a Waycar, what
prevented a Condr. Or a brakeman, from literally living in the Waycar ? Now
before you say no way, there are
Plenty of examples of operating employees living in trailers next to depots and
roundhouses.
Given that there were some rather unique individuals on the RR.,why couldn't a
Condr just make his Waycar home and save all the trouble and expense ? Hey
you're working 16 hours a day.

Please understand that assigned way cars were tucked into Waycar tracks where
water and coal were available. In most cases it would be a short walk to the
post office and the bank. If you got
Bumped you just moved to a new Waycar home. Need a shower ? Just walk over to
the roundhouse bunk room.

Leo Phillipp

Posted by: qutlx1@aol.com

    CBQ-digest@yahoogroups.com