RE: [CBQ] BNSF PLANS Chicago & Aurora div improvements

To: "cbq@yahoogroups.com" <cbq@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: [CBQ] BNSF PLANS Chicago & Aurora div improvements
From: "GLEN glenehaug@msn.com [CBQ]" <CBQ@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Apr 2015 14:24:11 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoogroups.com; s=echoe; t=1430083453; bh=hy5fUgsRjaUgNc2yGsGwkdpBRjkOsIfP5NgLds617AI=; h=To:In-Reply-To:References:From:List-Id:List-Unsubscribe:Date:Subject:Reply-To:From:Subject; b=wzN/Ia4AKSp3bjwoM+5Vj1HEUDWDp5MIAm03r49h1JSd0SvMQI3dmzbcYF3ii5KyBYv+H/O6XRBelvlFSxOje+1NKhF7+0mLP9SurltagEQCC56ZDcXo5bARjAq+nouH2AqHSAoavUW63vTldrjApSoH8IOd6bTRLlJpYNMKzL8=
Sender: CBQ@yahoogroups.com

Steve:

I believe the 3rd main is going back in at Aurora.  I looked at a little of it the week before last, and the 3rd main is extended west of West Eola some distance (further west of where it was stubbed when taken out) with concrete ties and (probably) new rail.  There is also a new 3-track signal bridge going in just to the east of Spring Street.  Both of the existing signal bridges at the west end of the old Aurora Interlocking are also being replaced.  I would presume the 3rd main is going to extend to Hurd's Island, but I don't know for sure.  It would make sense that they would extend it that far if they indeed plan to construct a second main to Sugar Grove.  Orchard Road already has a second bridge and track over the road.  I didn't look to see if the other bridges and culverts between Aurora and Sugar Grove have a structure for the second track yet.

Glen Haug